Call Inoculand today on 0203 405 5000 or 0800 978 8152 for your FREE QUOTE and let us take care of your mouse problem!
We Combat Mice In 2 Ways
This is done first to reduce the stock of mice that is in your home and again to protect the home from future mice settling in. There may still be evidence of mice shortly after baiting, as they will be around until they have eaten the poison.
We place “peanut butter” bait (SAKARAT D) or canary seed bait (SOREXA D) in areas where the mice are likely to be and away from living spaces keeping bait away from children and pets.
This stops mice from entering your home and works alongside baiting. It is the best strategy to stop mice from re infesting your home or to protect yourself from a nearby established infestation affecting your home.
Proofing is highly recommended if you suffer from a phobia, or any medical condition that makes you prone to infections – this is particularly relevant to the new born and elderly.
Our Main Areas Of Operation
South West London | South East London | West London | North London | East London | Camden | Fulham | Hammersmith | Wandsworth | Lambeth | Southwark | Lewisham | Greenwich
A Few Tips For Stopping Mice
- Mice behave as a population and travel from home to home following the pipe work. This means that the mice in your home may well originate in and affect your neighbors’ houses.
- Mice are a bigger problem at the end of terraces.
- Bait acts as a buffer of activity and protects your home from them building up in number.
- If you discover that your neighbors have a mouse problem proofing and possibly baiting should be carried out as soon as this is discovered.
- Carry out mouse proofing as soon as possible, following baiting.
1 year guaranty
1 year guaranty
Treatment includes up to 2 visits within 3 months. The proofing can be contracted separately any time after the initial treatment visit within 6 months. The client would hence pay for the treatment £89+vat and only pay for the proofing phase as and when request.
The number of bedrooms does not necessarily affect the Mouse Proofing quote as much of the work takes place in the kitchen and bathrooms. The operative will confirm the quote during the initial treatment visit.
The charge for the Mouse Proofing will therefore mainly depend on the kitchen design, on the quality of the fitting, and the quality of the flooring.
There are instance when the mouse proofing may not be practicable. It may be that the building need to undergo a refurbishment, that some sensitive electronic equipment stands on the way, or that the home contain too much belongings to allow sufficient access for the staff.
Mouse proofing involves blocking of gaps large enough for mice to enter throughout the property. We also block all gaps at kitchen unit levels as well as other gaps around the pipework, walls and floors. We guarantee our mouse proofing for 1 year.
1) In average, a mouse proofing job takes 2-3 hours.
2) most of the work takes place at kitchen level, mainly at kitchen units level and at the back of the domestic appliances.
3) Mice come from the void spaces (within the walls, underneath the floor boards) and intrude into the living space using gaps and holes around pipework, at wall level and at floor level.
4) so mouse proofing is the systematic blocking of any gaps big enough to accommodate the size of a mouse. So in effect the mice would not be able to come into the living space any more.
5) if after the initial proofing you still reports mice activity, you will need to call us back in, we may have overlooked some access points or mice may have chewed through new ones.
6) there is a 1 year guaranty on the proofing. The guaranty does not cover for third party damage. When changing an electric appliance you may have to remove some of the proofing. If so ask the contractor to replace it as it was or call us in. We may charge you a small fee in line with the extent of the damage (ie £39+vat) to repair it.
7) When there is a large gap between flooring and skirting board the client may have to fit beadings at skirting board level or realign the skirting boards tightly against the floor.
8) Fireplaces are not mouse proofed/quoted for as standard unless there are clear indications mice are using them for access. If during the guaranty period we decide to carry out the proofing on a fireplace, a small charge will be brought
up (ie £39+vat).
9) Sufficient access need to be granted to staff for them to carry out their job. Tenant may have to empty the cupboards when appropriate.
10) The materials we use are mainly board, mesh, steelwool, sealant, timber. When appropriate we may use other type of materials. We do not use expending foam as a proofing material as mice can chew through it and it is messy.
The work specifications will depend on the special requirements of the client, and/or the nature and difficulty linked to the premises and level of rodent activity. Most of the proofing jobs in residential and commercial premises are carried out to standard specifications. However there are a small percentage of properties (mostly commercial) that requires Heavy Duty proofing (hardwood) which involves much more time and materials to complete and therefore are much more expensive. Also there are some premises/clients that requires the use of alternative materials for Health&Safety, Fire Safety or aesthetic purposes.
We count as a residential unit any self contained 1-4 bed home with 1 kitchen and 1 bathroom. In case of commercial properties, the treatment charge will depend on the characteristic of the premises (number of floors, the number of staff kitchens, layout and size) and a quote will be provided.
Find out more about mice here