Fleas are the second toughest pest we deal with. The main issue is that the flea eggs and the pupas (the cocoons) are protected against pesticides.
Eggs generally hatch within a week as larvae and the pupa would develop in 7-10 days. The cocoon may also lie dormant until it senses a certain degree of vibration such as a person or animal walking past.
Normally fleas are strongest at floor level and will bite mainly at ankle level. They can be found in any room, as well as on top of furniture and window sills.
The biggest problem is working out how and where the fleas originated. Flea problems are often linked to a pets or perhaps fox activity in the garden
Our Area’s Of Operation
South West London | South East London | West London | North London | East London | Camden | Fulham | Hammersmith| Wandsworth | Lambeth | Southwark | Lewisham | Greenwich
- We use a highly concentrated combination of pesticides and insect growth regulators and spray throughout the property.
- The fumigation is best done in the morning or before 2-3pm, so the spayed areas have time to dry and you can re enter the property.
- Once the pesticides have dried, it is safe but be cautious of allergies and/or sensitive skins.
- As the larvae and the fleas come into contact with pesticides they will die without being given a chance to continue the life cycle. This is why you need two rounds of fumigation two weeks apart.
A few points to consider
- Fleas could be introduced to your home through pets, contaminated furniture or from public transport, but there is no way to know for sure
- If you have a pet you will need to treat it and also hot wash the pet’s bedding.
- Fleas have to come to you or your pets for feeding, by doing so will come in contact with the pesticides. All surfaces fleas are likely to move on, should be sprayed.
- The pesticide mix while in the air maybe irritating and possibly affect asthma sufferers. Sufferers should stay clear of the sprayed areas until dry.
Flat Or Home
- Quotes depend on the number and size of rooms to be sprayed, including two visits two weeks apart
- Remove or protect items that may be damaged by the spray (water based). Some dripping may occur and traces may be left.
- We want you to make the most of the treatment and recommend not to vacuum or clean the floors between visits so pesticide is not removed.
- Please carry out all housekeeping the day before we come
- Saturday appointments are available.
- There is a 3 months period after the treatment with limited guaranty
- Any extra visits under the guaranty is chargeable at a reduced rate in line with the original quote (£178 :: £49; £198 :: £59; extra room £20 :: extra £10 under guaranty)
- Note: if the time between the initial treatment and the “guaranty” call out is longer than 4 weeks, you may need 2 visits at 2 weeks interval again to take into account the egg/life cycle of fleas.
Find out more about fleas here