Do you need treatment for Bed bugs in London?
What you get is 2 visits at 2 weeks interval to spray your home thoroughly and throughout:
- Mattresses, bed frames, side furniture, floor areas, communal areas, living room...
- The charge to treat a 1 off room or a bedsit is £178+vat
- To treat a studio or a 1 bed flat throughout is £210+vat
- For larger properties any extra bedroom would be charged at an extra £29+vat.
Contact a pest controller and get
professional advice today
Bed bugs are possibly the worst pest of all for a number of reasons:
- They are parasites, which mean they feed on people's blood.
- They upset people, who cannot sleep peacefully anymore.
- They have a biology that makes them efficient breeders.
- They can survive 400 days without a blood meal that makes them very resilient.
- They require a highly concentrated multi-action solution of pesticides to bypass common insect metabolic resistance.
- They spread from one premises to the next taking a hike on people's belongings.
Get free advice from our Pest Control Team
Why and how do bed bugs appear in our bedrooms?
London Bed bugs problems are mostly introduced into the property by tenants as the result of an unlucky/unfortunate/unpredictable course of event. There is an extensive array of possible scenarios but some are more likely than others.
- Going backpacking and frequenting cheap hostels in areas with an endemic bed bug problem. We may often think of areas such as India and South East Asia but the plain of it is that it could be from any poorly managed accommodation in any highly tourist destination.
- Infested luggage in public transport.
- Getting second hand bedroom furniture or items that may be coming from infested homes.
- Sleep-overs to or from infested properties. And many more…
What are the bed bugs symptons?
Most London bed bug infestations are discovered readily. People suffering from bed bugs bites will in most cases have symptoms showing on the upper body (chest, arms and possibly neck). At first some people may be unsure thinking it may be mosquito bites (above all in summer), others may think it may be a food/allergic reaction. But it is often the repeatedness of the bites discovered in the morning on the body that will eventually raise the alarm in most people. When residents are bitten they will often show bites that are similar to mosquito ones. The stronger the bed bug infestation you are exposed to the more bites you are likely to suffer. However the more sensitive you are the more it will show on your skin, and in case of an allergic reaction it can be quite dramatic.
Some people may show nothing or very little redness after a bed bug bite. And here lays the problem. In such case bed bugs will, hence, keep on building in numbers undiscovered until it becomes a well established infestation, and that’s when finally the residents start noticing the blood on the sheets or mattress, and/or possibly sees a bed bug crawling on the side furniture or wall. At the beginning of a bed bug infestation it will be very difficult to identify a breeding site (nest) or see the blood spots that are characteristic of bed bugs. A visual inspection will, hence, not necessarily be enough to discard the possibility. Also since they are so few, you may only get 1 bite a week, making you wonder if you got bitten by a flea some other place or in the public transport.
Get your bed bugs treatment now
Bed bugs Pest Control in London
There is a lot of misconception when it comes to resolving a bed bugs infestations. We often come across tenants and landlords who have been disposing of mattresses and furniture to no avail. Of course bed bugs are often found on the mattresses creases, and also directly on the bed frames. But what people often overlook is that bedbugs can be found anywhere around the bed.
They can as easily found their way behind a picture frame, a side furniture, on a bed lamp or between floorboards. In short disposing of the bed may get rid of the bulk of the bed bugs. But they will most likely be enough of them left behind to recolonise the new bed/furniture.
Normally we advise on changing the bed and mattress whenever they are damaged or if the level of infestation is very high. And when it comes to spraying for bed bugs, spraying the bed only may no be good enough. Rather than waiting for the bed bugs to reach the bed, I rather like them to get in contact with the pesticides the moment they come out of their hiding: spray thoroughly and throughout.
London Bed Bugs removal approach
Tenants can help depleting the stock of live bed bugs by hot washing the linens of the beds, steam cleaning the mattresses and bed frames, or even by disposing of the furniture. But doing all of that will not remove the problem entirely. And whatever hidden bed bugs that are left being will start building up again.
Bed bugs in London are notoriously tough to deal with. Many conventional pesticides in their own or even combined, would have a hard time getting rid of them. Most reputable companies use a spray containing 2 or more killing agent, mixed up with some Insect Growth Regulators and energiser for maximum impact.
What matters is that at the end of a domestic bed bug control treatment 100% of the bed bugs are destroyed for good. From there the tenants can put in place some preventive/monitoring measures to prevent re-infestation.
London Bed bug extermination from a local team
Inoculand Ltd has various technicians based all around London for more convenience. They all follow the same optimised approach and pesticides mix. Also all the chemicals we used are authorised for residential use and eco-friendly products in line with the regulations.
Our Bed bug pest controllers will survey your property with you, and identify any potential issue and advise you accordingly. They will help you prepare the home before carrying out the beg bug treatment and you will be welcome to share with them any concerns you may have.
In the past we came across tenants who wanted to help and had removed from the bedroom a lot of stuff inside carrier bags and had left most of them in the hallway and adjacent rooms. By the time we arrived some of the bedbugs where actually crawling out off the carrier bags. Effectively moving potentially infested belongings is likely to spread the problem further.
Preparation prior to the Bed bug treatment
- Tidy up the home and vacuum clean thoroughly and throughout, empty the container.
- Remove all bedding in a plastic bag and hot wash it above 60 oC, dispose of used bag.
- Any clothes stored under the bed and inside the Divan's drawers should be also hot washed as above.
- Any other items close to the bed may contains bedbugs hidden within, as a precaution and to avoid spreading the problem we advise our clients to leave their belongings where and as they are for the technician to decide.
- What belong to a room stay in that room, what belong to a corner stays in that corner until all bedbugs have been eradicated.
Bites from Bed bugs in London
Many clients are unsure about what is happening to them. They do not see the bedbugs, they do not find blood stains on the sheets, or the dropping dots on the mattress or bed frame. They only realise in the morning that the have been bitten?
A one off bite could be anything from a mosquito the night before or a flea from your bus ride home so it is best to excerpt caution. So even if you only notice a new bite in the morning, it is not necessarily coming from your bed.
Eventually you may identify a trend that is linked to your home or to your bedroom. Bed bug bites on the upper body are characteristic since bedbugs are normally more active at the head of the bed. You can often discover breeding sites on the back of the headboard and its fittings.
- Contact a pest controller and get
- professional advice today
- Get free advice from our Pest Control Team
- Why and how do bed bugs appear in our bedrooms?
- What are the bed bugs symptons?
- Get your bed bugs treatment now
- Bed bugs Pest Control in London
- London Bed Bugs removal approach
- London Bed bug extermination from a local team
- Preparation prior to the Bed bug treatment
- Bites from Bed bugs in London